What data do we collect?
There are a number of ways in which you may explicitly and intentionally provide EyUp Communities with consent to the collection of certain personal information.
EyUp Communities will only collect and process data about you in the following circumstances:
- When you sign up to our mailing list or fill in our contact form to request information, EyUp Communities will require your name and email address.
- When you contact EyUp Communities to make requests or report faults, EyUp Communities may keep a record of our correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- EyUp Communities may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and is collected for system administration purposes and is not personalised to you.
EyUp Communities does not provide, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we hold about you to third parties without your express permission or where we are under duty to do so by applicable law.
How do we keep your data secure?
EyUp Communities is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have a number of security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of any personal information we receive from you via our website.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to EyUp Communities, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Once we have received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your data protection rights?
EyUp Communities would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request EyUp Communities for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that EyUp Communities correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request EyUp Communities to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that EyUp Communities erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that EyUp Communities restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to EyUp Communities processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that EyUp Communities transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you have signed up to our mailing list, EyUp Communities will send you information about our relevant products and services.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from EyUp Communities by email you have the option to unsubscribe at any time.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us using our website contact form.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy.
How to contact us
- You can write to us at Castle House, Angel Street, Sheffield, S3 8LN
- You can use our website contact form.
How to contact the appropriate authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint if you believe that EyUp Communities has not complied with your data protection rights. You can complain to the Information Commissioner’s office through their website, www.ico.org.uk, or via their telephone helpline.